Week 2: Verse 2 - First Impressions

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. Boy does this verse sting. After the revelations of last week, realising that a lot of gonging and clanging was due to me trying to be the smartest guy in the room, Paul God decided he was going to reinforce just how useless that pathetic effort was. MPV (My Paraphrased Version) - Even if you are as smart as God himself, seeing & knowing all things, and don't have love, YOU ARE NOTHING! Good lord I have been arrogant. I fear it has become a part of my character. I hate that. I also fear that my hypocritical distaste for all things stupid & ignorant has made me stupid and ignorant myself. It makes me wonder what the opposite of this verse would be. MPVO(My Paraphrased Version Opposite) - Even if you are as dumb as a pile of rocks, not knowing anything, but you love fiercely, YOU ARE EVERYTHING! That really puts some things into perspective. Where along the way did I start to believe that being the smartest, strongest, whitiest, etc, would get me anywhere. All my previous jobs come to mind. I could know everything I needed to know about the job and do it well, but since I never really loved it or really loved on the people I worked with, my best rarely shined through. Even now, as I approach 29 years of age, I am finally learning that the real way of the world is building relationships. Some abuse this and fake them, then discard them when they are not needed, but people you genuinely love on and care for will generally give it all right back and then some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumbo Part 11

What Does A HOME, Mean To You?

Consider Resale Value Before You Renovate